Chinese Roof Slates
Ensor Building Products have been importing Chinese Roof Slate directly from China since 1999 and have a depth of experience, knowledge and contact that no other company can match.
We have an extensive choice of colours, sizes, grades and thicknesses, including slate and halves, double and eaves slates, backed up with relevant industry testing and performance guarantees up to 50 years.
We regulary visit our Chinese Quarry's and have our own registered company based in Xiamen, South East China who safe-guard our interests and manage our partners in China to promote ethical working conditions and consistent quality.
Compared with Welsh and Westmorland slates, Chinese Roof Slates are relatively new to the UK market and have therefore yet to validate their growing reputation which can be hindered by the percieved variance in quality as well as minor suppliers who claim to be 'experts' in this field.
Therefore we recommend the following rules of thumb
- Only purchase from suppliers with a reputation for good customer contact and a knowledge and understanding of the Chinese Slate industry.
- "You get what you pay for" - Therefore pay attention to the price
No other supplier can offer a better understanding of the Chinese Quarry network which in turn gives Ensor Building Products the following advantages
- The level of stock holding
- The extensive range of sizes we offer including slate and a halfs
- Three different types of Chinese Slate to suit customers criteria whether it be non-weathering, consistensy of thickness and appearance or a more rustic natural look
- Sturdiness of crates, hence a lower level of breakages that can occur in transit
Our recent visit to the quarries
Ensor Building Products Managing Director, Philip Brooke, has just returned from his latest business trip to Ensor’s Chinese subsidiary in Xiamen, South East China. The trip included a visit to the source of Sobrano Premier, Ensor’s latest addition to their Chinese slate range.
Chinese Roof Slate Product Range
Sobrano Premier Plus
- Cost Effective Charcoal/Grey Chinese Roof Slate
- Uniform in thickness, texture and appearance
- The Ideal economically priced choice for renovation and restoration projects
- A1, S1, T1 rating
- A Low cost charcoal/grey slate
- Unlike some other slates, it comes with a performance warrantary
- This slate naturally weathers relatively quick, creating the appearance of a more established, mature and naturally aged roof
- A1, S3, T1 rating
- Cost effective traditional looking mid/grey slate
- Attractive rustic texture and appearance
- Perfect slate for buildings and developments with a bucolic aspect and where its finish will blend with the adjoining building and landscape
- A1, S1, T1 rating